Apostrophe is building the health plan that can fix America.
The largest, most innovative self-insured employers have figured out how to cut 40% from their healthcare costs. Our Intelligent Health Benefits Platform makes their best practices plug-and-play for the other 80% of US employers who self-insure their health benefits. In an industry defined by complexity, opacity and indifference — Apostrophe is delivering simplicity, transparency and love.
Who You Are
- Accountable: You pride yourself as dependable and a key player of the teams that you are a part of. You know how to get things done and you’re not afraid to ask questions or share your ideas.
- Responsive and proactive: You act quickly on requests and identify situations where you can solve needs or issues before they surface.
- Driven: You can meet deadlines while managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Happy to help: You believe the Accounting & Finance team serves internal partners of the business with the same level of customer service as it does its external partners. You are always looking to be a part of the solution.
- Autonomous: You understand your expectations and seek clarity when you don’t. You don’t need to be managed on every decision, but you know when to raise your hand for help.
What You’ll Do
Apostrophe has an open position for a detail-oriented professional who his highly self-motivated and comfortable working in and adapting to a high-paced growth environment. Specifically, in this role, you will:
- Perform monthly close activities including assisting in the timely preparation, quality review, and distribution of the monthly reporting package, posting journal entries to the ledger, and completing balance sheet reconciliations (including detailed review of accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, reserves, etc.).
- Prepare and review bank reconciliations to ensure cash receipts, disbursements, bank fees, etc. have been properly reflected in the general ledger.
- Validate and process all expense reporting in a timely manner, ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Prepare monthly departmental budget/forecast vs. actual results to provide summarized reports and analysis to budget owners, and any ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Facilitate with team and external partners to ensure successful financial audits and income tax returns with our third-party partners, including providing supporting documentation, preparing detailed schedules, and communicating responses in regard to questions, status, and other activities.
- Periodically assist operational accounting functions with processing of transactions, transferring of funds, providing supporting documentation to clients, etc.
- Research, analyze and interpret complex technical accounting issues and new accounting standards and prepare detailed and supportable internal memos on findings and conclusions.
- Help document, implement and maintain appropriate accounting policies, processes and internal controls as the company continues to scale.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- BS. in Accounting or Finance preferred. CPA or MBA a bonus.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience with a track record of advancement.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems (Quickbooks Online, NetSuite, etc.) and supporting cloud applications (Bill.com, Expensify, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.) and Google Suite.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
This is a full-time, exempt position starting at $60,000 per year.
Who We Are
Apostrophe Intelligent Health Benefits replace your current administrator and legacy provider network to deliver better benefits for less money to self-insured employers. Apostrophe is driven by simplicity, transparency and love to provide market-leading member care and put employers back in control of cost and experience.
We are a Techstars Boulder 2017 company and certified B Corporation. Blue Cross Blue Shield Kansas, Royal Street Capital and Ulu Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners are helping us build a fast-growing, sustainable business based around our core values.
Apostrophe is a Denver tech company, but many of our clients are in the midwest and the southeast, in both mid-sized cities and rural areas, and representing traditional industries and public sector. We will spend extra effort to seek out people familiar with these areas and backgrounds.
Our home base is near Downtown Denver, with plenty of parking and transit options nearby.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org